Sunday, July 18, 2010

The calm before the storm...


The road trip that we began planning for in MAY is finally upon us.


After breakfast this morning, Katy made me take down the tent with her, as Big Bob monitored our progress. It was comical to say the least. I can only speak for myself, but I am totally not the camping type- which almost makes it more fun that Katy, Jess and I are all doing this for our first times together! We joked about our fears of camping. Mine, snakes and animals. Jess- killers waiting at the camp grounds to prey on 3 novice campers from NY. And Kate's? None...or, nix that, making sure we fold up the tent correctly.



So today is our prep day- Katy is packing and organizing. Actually Katy is packing and Julia is basically her personal assistant making her throw away things that she doesn't need from her room. My parents always told me that I was a great organizer, but Julia has actually reached "Polish cleaning lady" status because she's so good at it. But I guess that's neither here nor there...



Jess is packing her half carry-on (Katy confined us to one bag to share because she HAD to leave room for her winter wardrobe (EW)) And I, true to form, am having a lazy Sunday attempting to recoop after an awesome night of tailgating, friends, beer and of course DAVE. It really was the best way to say goodbye to New York.



So New York today, hopefully we'll be in Cleveland by this time tomorrow...Bye for now, I gotta go buy some bear repellent (yikes).

4 comments:

  1. Hey! It's Christina... I am totally going to follow your travels to OSU. So once, I was camping in PA with my girlfriends, and we got the idea to carry our trash to the trashcan at midnight, only to be stopped by the rangers who were all like, "UMMM are you guys idiots??" because I guess bears like to eat trash, and young women who carry trash through the woods in the middle of the night. Soooo don't do that. But, that's my only bear safety tip. Have funnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous. I think i'll live vicariously through yor weblog. YOu guys better eat some good roadfood. Greek also has a comment. He says "no one cares". What a guy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dt. aw greek, so eloquent. he's just got a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you all. (Jess, too. I'm with you on the campground psycho killers.) I feel myself aging at three times the rate without the Serafin sisters here in St. Pete.

    ReplyDelete